All, apologies, can't share the article till next month I believe.
However, @Ashish, agreed Xen is much more forgiving when it comes to
supported hardware, but you really cant compare Xen's performance on a
server class system to its results on a desktop class machine. Also,
last I checked, which was some time in Oct 2010, there were also
restrictions on adding machines with heterogeneous CPUs to a server
cluster (If this has changed, I would love to be updated). Finally,
unless you're running a Xen modified kernel on your guest OS, you
really dont get much mileage from it.
Essentially I left Xen out on the same token that I left ESX out, i.e.
designed for a different class of systems.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Mahesh T. Pai <paiva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... I risk taking the thread off topic.
>
> Ashish SHUKLA said on Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 12:24:42AM +0530,:
>

>  > Not sure, why you think Xen is enterprise only.
>
> Because all this:-
>
>  > you use daily for watching pr0n, hanging out on social networks,
>  > writing code, etc., and run VMs,
>
> is what they do (at least, one of most important things) @ enterprise
> environment, right?
>
> <g.d.r.>
>

> --
> Mahesh T. Pai   ||
> End Users are just friends who haven't submitted a patch yet.

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
One of them has its illusions dispelled

Arjun Venkatraman
E-mail: ar...@arjunvenkatraman.com
Mob (US): +1 (650) 924-2751