gurteshwar singh said on Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 03:32:30PM +0530,:
 > I am trying to help somebody get a BSNL EVDO card  running on Fedora 14.
 > >From lsusb, I get that device is (15eb:1231) . Problem is that Fedora
 > 14 sees it just as a storage device
 > and is not detected as a modem. I had a similar problem with my
 > reliance card but usb_modeswitch solved that.
 > However, configuring usb_modeswitch.conf in this case does  not help.
 > When usb_modeswitch is run, it ends up
 > giving the error : 'response endpoint not given or found' . Any help
 > to get this working would be much appreciated.

Tried udev rules?

That will force the system to recognise the device as a modem.
However, you will need to look elsewhere (other than me, that is) for
info on how to go about actually doing this.

Sorry, I have to admit my ignorance on writing udev rules.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
It's not the software that's free; it's you.