On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Balwinder S Dheeman <bdhee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/2011 05:02 AM, Linux Lingam wrote:
>>
>> More details here:
>>
>> http://niyam.com/blog/2011/11/im-hiring-are-you-looking-for-a-web-designer-job/
>
> *
> Your Gear:*
>
>  * Your own Laptop of any brand. The model should not be more than
>   two-years-old. Must support a resolution of 1280 pixels or higher.
>   These two factors because your laptop should be able to run the
>   latest versions of modern browsers. [snip]
>  * Roaming internet datacard. Those with a broadband connection preferred.
>
> Ahm, you forget the 3G, WiFi and, or WiMAX (4G) connectivity ;)

> I don't think, people using *Laptops *can be a productive as on a good
> modern PC or Workstation.

thanks for writing in balwinder.
the way i work, in the new workflow a lot of tasks have to be done on-site:
at clients' offices, or during a design-sprint where all involved get together
somewhere and don't budge till it's done. often we could be travelling
outstation too. or sometimes, just feel like working from home or a cafe
or a lounge. therefore, a laptop with some roaming connection is required.

> OTOH, designing and, or thinking in terms of design is entirely a different
> process compared with coding the same ideas in to a clean [X]*HTML + CSS
> pages.

absolutely! there are people in the world who are adept at both.
however, my specific requirement here is for someone
who can take an existing websketch and convert it into clean HTML + CSS.
The person does not necessarily have to author any design from scratch.

Please do tell me if this aspect is not clear enough in my posting,
will edit it accordingly.

thanks so much,

regards
niyam