Vivek Puri said on Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 09:27:28AM +0530,:

 > What if the software is run on Linux ?

Please view various FLOSS based public fora - mailing lists, groups,
irc chat rooms, etc - as customer care centers for FLOSS software.

In fact, at least one project (IIRC, Emacs), advertises their IRC
channel as the "customer support".

 > As its perfect to mix open source and closed sourced softwares, I

In licensing terms, yes. In technical sense, again, yes.

 > think it is fair to raise such question ... as long as the person
 > raising the question has taken effort to ensure the problem is not
 > related to closed sourced components. Although that doesn't seem to
 > be the case here ;)

As somebody pointed out yesterday on this thread, reason this piece of
closed s/w sells is customer support they provide. I feel that it was
sufficient hint to approach them.

 >  With better tools like Jboss and glassfish available in Open
 > source world we should encourage people to use Oracle Weblogic
 > because sometimes best way to teach someone is to let them shoot
 > themselves in the foot.

Heh. Agree on the latter part of your reasoning; not the first part
the - "... encourage people to use ..." one. Sometimes, even trial
usage ends in conviction and sentence to permanent bondage.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
With freedom comes responsibility.