Yes. LAP does have a mailing list. We keep getting some LAP mails in the
ILUGD list because the LAP folks feel that ILUGD is more than a city-wide
linux helpdesk - it is an organisation which is an instrument of social
change in the city.

We (including me) keep saying that ILUGD should do this and do that. Well,
here are people who are just doing that - putting words to action. Kudos to
them! (I feel very sheepish that I haven't been able to contribute yet to
this movement.)

About LAP mails in ILUGD, I vote that LAP status mails and LAP events
notifications should still come to ILUGD, ... any thing
else(opinions,discussions,etc.) should only go to the school list. But the
list needs to know frquently that ILUGD is upto something! So LAP mails
will keep coming in.(hopefully with a tag saying [LAP] to help uninterested
folks to skip them)

- Sandip

P.S. Shaji, before you misunderstand, this mail is NOT in response to
yours(your encouragements to these folks would surely be appreciated by
them.). Rather this is a reply to those who have raised this issue in the past.

At 01:34 PM 9/26/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>doesnt LAP/Web editor/database-manager/collab tool have a mailing list?
>we keep getting this LAP stuff at the ILUGD list all the time now.
>Keep up the good work anyways.
>
>Shaji K V
>%_re_wmch404%
>--