Well, dear Amit, thank you so much for providing me your valuable guidance with regard to the above. I would follow the step No.4 suggested by you and then let you know. If it works fine then okey otherwise I would further need your assistance. Meanwhile, pl. let me know what 'YAST' stands for as mentioned in your mail recd. by me. Also pl. let me know which version of linux you are using.

Thanks once again.

Malkiat.

Malkiat, I followed following steps:

1. I plugged in my ISDN Modem into USB port
2. Then I tried methods explained in XYZ sites, recompiled kernel, modem drivers, ......, worked on it for one month..., many reinstalls.
BUT modem did not run as mentioned in help docs.
3. Then I reinstalled fresh linux, purchased in original from Aditi Computers, so that all this mess I had created could be cleaned.
4. In YAST it shows my modem as not detected. Still I insisted on configuring on modem manuaaly and gave the port as ttyACM0 instead of ttyS0/1 etc. Rest all settings just like normal modem and my modem rocks after that.

So that means you just follow step 4 and it should work.

Amit