    Amit> Just a thought, How many of us "really" want this list to be
    Amit> a clean and no dirty words list ?

I do, for one.

    Amit> And how many of us dont really care about abusive, dbl
    Amit> meaning, dirty language in the list and instead would prefer
    Amit> ilugd to be a "speak what you want" kind of list.

    Amit> PS: Important to know that even though on the mailinglist
    Amit> all of us have kept the list clean. But during the linux
    Amit> meets, the attitude of the participants seems totally
    Amit> different.

At the Meet you can see whom you're talking to.  Then the language you
use is your choice.  On the list, I don't know whether I'm talking to
a 80-year-old grandmother or a 6-year-old boy from school.  Hence I
try to keep my language to a basic standard which would be acceptable
to both of them.  Maybe I don't always succeed, but it's the thought
that counts, right? :)

Secondly, spoken stuff at the Meets isn't archived for posterity,
while the list is.  Why archive profanity when you can as easily
elucidate your thoughts in `parliamentary' language and let everyone
see for themselves what an intellectual and high-minded set of dudes
and dudettes we are? ;)  (That was a JOKE, ok?)

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/