Hi,

I think, you have tried to install the latest GCC
version from PCQ 8.0, and there seems to be clashes
with the libraries. Its generally not a good idea to
touch the system compiler, and PCQ 7.1 uses GCC 2.96.

One thing you could try is installing the older
version back from the PCQ 7.1 CD. Install all those
rpms which you installed from the latest release.

If you do really want to use GCC 3.2/3.3, I would
suggest you to either download GCC sources from
gcc.gnu.org, compile it from source, specifying the
prefix directory as some local directory during
configure. That way, the system compiler remains
untouched and you can also have the latest GCC. Try
GCC 3.3-pre-release, for that is quite stable. Or, if
downloading is a problem, then untar the rpm file and
compile from source. If you need help compiling GCC,
mail me, and I will help you with the options to be
set.

Regards,

Venky