[There was a recent series of mails about a photo of the earth being taken (supposedly the last one) by crew of the shuttle which exploded. That photo had nothing to do with the satellite, and it was artificially generated. For those interested, the explanation and the website where you can youself generate similar photos, are given below. - Sandip]

(Credit: the politech mailing list)

[If you know John, you know him to be a most ardent stickler for
facts.  Here, John is not reporting hearsay; he's reporting about what's
happened on his own server, and images he provides thereon. --jim]

Subject: Sniping at Snopes.com

----- End forwarded message -----