On 31/03/03 18:49 +0530, peekay_52 claimed thus ... :
>   I want to implement RH 7.3 Valahala clients in a lab of our
>college where about 2500 students study. But a problem, I do not want
>to create as many user accounts per machine. Since I have windows 2000
>Server as Domain controller and users are autheticated from there. Can
>I use same domain controller for authentication on Linux machines? If
>yes , how? Kindly point me to a knowledge source.

You can use pam_smb_auth to authenticate users. It is available in
RHL8.0. I dunno about RHL7.3. However, AFAIK, it
still requires user accounts to be created, albeit with '*''ed
passwords. Check its docs for more details.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip at puroga dot com