Hi,
 
 Thank you very much. I am going to explain my actual problem. Please give me 
the solution.
 
 1) I made a Mulinux floppy (with out addon's)
 2) My original system contains :  SuSe Linux 9.3 version
                                 And
     When I applied "ldd" command, like 
   
         # ldd /bin/bash
 
     Then it is displaying the below results:
 
         linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
         libreadline.so.5 => /lib/libreadline.so.5 (0x4003c000)
         libhistory.so.5 => /lib/libhistory.so.5 (0x40069000)
         libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x40071000)
         libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x400b6000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x400ba000)
         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
 
 3) Now, I write a simple program "hello.c" and compiled and make the 
executable file like
         # gcc hello.c -o hello
 
 4) When, I applied "ldd" command to "hello", it is displaying like :
 
         # ldd ex
     Then, it is displaying the below results:
 
         linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x4003c000)
         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
 
 5) So, my C program using "libc.so.6" version as shared library to make an 
executable file.
 
 6) But, our Mulinux contains "libc.so.5" version as shared library. 
 
 7) Now, I started Mulinux with floppy. It is started successfully and prompt 
came.
 
 8) Now, I put my second floppy which contains executable file "hello", which 
is developed under "libc.so.6" verion and mounted to "/a" folder.
 
 9) Now, goto "/a" folder, and apply some commands like "ls", "cat",...
 All are working successfully
 
 10) But, when I am trying to execute the executable file "hello" as
         # ./hello
          It is displaying the error "File not found"
     This is the main problem.
 
 11) This is occuring because of the versions incompatability of shared 
libraries.
 
 Now, Please tell me what can i do to execute my "hello" program on mulinux?
 
 Please give me step by step procedure to solve this problem.
 
 I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you.
 
 With regards,
 Chandra.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Indraneel Majumdar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 
09:50:57PM -0800, Crazy Boy wrote:
 > Hi,
 >    
>   Thank you very much for your quick response. Can you please give me the 
> step by step procedure to do my task as shown below using ln -s. I will be 
> looking forward to your reply. Thank you.
 >    
 >   With regards,
 >   Chandra.
 > 
 > suman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >   Crazy Boy wrote:
 > 
 > >  Hi Friends,
 > >
 > >My linux system contains libc.so.6 version as shared library. 
 > >Can any body have the Shared library version as  libc.so.5.
 > >If have, please send me an simple c program executable as attachment. So, I 
 > >can run that program on Mulinux.  I will be looking forward to your reply. 
 > >
 > >  
 > >
 > Make a soft link(ln -s).It works.
 > 
 > -Suman
 
 No idea if libc.so.6 is backward compatible but here goes:
 
 cd /usr/lib
 ln -s libc.so.6 libc.so.5
 ln -s libc.so.6 libc.so
 
 -Indraneel
 
 PS:
 Is ilughyd also known as linux-support (methought it was only linux-newbie) ?
      

  -----------------------------------------------
 Next Meeting as on our Website: http://ilughyd.org.in
 ----------------------------------------------- 

              

        SPONSORED LINKS   
                                                    Linux software              
                         Job offer                                       Unix   
                                                              
      
---------------------------------
   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 
 
    
    Visit your group "ilughyd" on the web.
    
    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 
 
    
---------------------------------
 
 
     


                        
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos
 Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



-----------------------------------------------
Next Meeting as on our Website: http://ilughyd.org.in
----------------------------------------------- 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ilughyd/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to