Hi,

    Thanks for replay.

My Server is abnormally down.

> It is showing a message
> "Enter your root password or Press (Ctrl+D) to reboot.
> I enterd root password.
> I tried to 'fsck' each file system.


  I entered the root password. 

#vi /etc/fstab

   I tried to comment line against /disk1.

   But I am getting message it 'Readonly file system'

   So how can we change this entry?


 Regards,
 Mathew


--- In [email protected], "varanasi_siddarth" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> 
> Could you also put output of
> 
> fdisk -l  and  cat /etc/fstab
> 
> It could be useful to solve the problem
> 
> just save the outputs to a text file by doing
> fdisk -l > f.txt and so ...
> 
> 
> usually when you check devices they are nor to be mounted
> 
> you check them by giving the device name (you will find device name 
in
> /etc/fstab file)
> fsck /dev/hda1 or so
> 
> you can also diable automatic checking of the partition by editing
> /etc/fstab
> 
> /dev/hda7   /mnt/shared      vfat    umask=000       0 0
> 
> has six fields. The last field is supposed to tell whether to
> automatically check partitions
> 
> 0 means check disabled
> 
> I am quoting this from "man fstab"
> 
>    The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8)  pro-
>         gram to determine the order in which filesystem checks are
>         done at reboot time.  The root filesystem should be speci-
>         fied  with  a fs_passno of 1, and other filesystems should
>         have a fs_passno of 2.  Filesystems within a drive will be
>         checked  sequentially, but filesystems on different drives
>         will be checked at the same time  to  utilize  parallelism
>         available in the hardware.  If the sixth field is not pre-
>         sent or zero, a value of zero is returned  and  fsck  will
>         assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked.
> 
> you hang in there man, dont get discouraged, any problem will be
> eventually solved.
> 
> 
> --- In [email protected], "mathewcos" <mathewcos@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am Mathew.
> >
> > I am working in FEDORA CORE 4.
> > I have an issue.
> >
> > Mount points are :
> > /boot
> > /
> > /user
> > /home
> > /swap
> > /oraeng
> > /disk1
> >
> > My Server is abnormally down.
> >
> > The problem is happening while fsck /disk1 by system itself during
> > booting up. It is not ablw to do so and retrning,
> >
> > It is showing a message
> > "Enter your root password or Press (Ctrl+D) to reboot.
> > I enterd root password.
> > I tried to 'fsck' eqach file system.
> >
> > Then I pressed Ctl+D and system again rebooted.
> >
> > I am getting the same message,
> > "Enter your root password or Press (Ctrl+D) to reboot.
> >
> >
> > Please help me to solve the issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mathew
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to