Hi

I have a server running on the following config
DELL PowerEdge SC1425, Xeon 3.00 GHz, 2GB RAM, 2x73GB SCSI HDD on 
RAID 1
Fedora Core 6, Kernel Kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 x86_64 SMP

The server was not responding though it was pingable!
no response to any service.
Even SSH was not connecting!
unable to login even from the console so I could not get much details
following is all that I could get!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I/O error, dev sdb, sector 87524995
device-mapper: raid1: A read failure occured on a mirror device.
device-mapper: raid1: Trying different device. Unable to handle 
kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000000000000 RIP
---kernel stack trace but unable to copy it-----
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

google search indicated that this was from read_callback() function 
in device-mapper ioctl
The server is working after a reboot

what could have caused this?
and any suggestions of how this could be prevented?

Reply via email to