--- In [email protected], "Raseel Bhagat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Hi mathew,  
> 
> 
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 mathewcos wrote :
> >    I tried this.
> >
> >#grep hai *
> >grep: invalid max count
> >#echo $
> >$
> >
> >This is the out put.
> 
> You were supposed to do "$?"
> "$?" contains the status of the last executed command on the shell.
> Usually the status is 0 if the command was successful, -1(or 1) if 
it Fails. 
> In the case of grep, it might even be 2, if the command succeedded 
but there was some other issue. And this is what I doubted since 
there was a "invalid max count" error.
> 
> Thanks,
> Raseel.
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Hi,

   I tried like this.

#grep hai *
grep: invalid max count
#$?
-bash: 127: command not found

Regards,
Mathew



Reply via email to