I recently got a message supposedlly from my ISP saying I had some bad
malware and they were quarantining me and would freeze my computer.  They
gave me a number to call to get the problem fixed.  I didn't believe it so
I contacted Apple and they gave me a link to Malwarebytes.  I ran it on my
os10.11 drive and it said it cleaned it out.  But I only have 10.11 to
enable my iPhone to talk to the iTunes on the iMac.  My main software is on
my 10.7.5 drive.  So on my 10.7 drive I get the same message this morning.
I contact Apple and they say I am out of warranty and I will have to pay
$180 to have them fix it.  I asked if there was any software that I could
use to clean my Mac out and prevent it from happening again.  They said
there isn't.  They also said reformatting the drive would not fix the
problem.

So- Is there software out there that is good stuff and will enable me to
fix the problem and help to keep it from happening again?  I have seen
various ads for this kind of software but I am loath to trust some random
company.

thanks
Mike

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.