DVD-Audio (aka DVD-A) is a high fidelity audio format that competed with
SACD.  Both are pretty much dead audio formats (have been for about 10
years now).  DVD-A doesn't have video.  It is audio only.  It may be
recorded at 24 bits per sample at a bit rate as high as 192 khz, though 96
is more common.  DVD-A recordings may be in 5.1 surround.  The only way to
hear the full quality of this recording is to play with a DVD-A player.
You can play these discs in a regular DVD player if they have a separate
track that plays in the standard DTS 5.1 format that your movies have.
This forum post may be helpful.
http://forum.macbidouille.com/index.php?showtopic=204337&hl=DVD+Audio

On Oct 17, 2017 8:52 PM, "William Spencer" <wspence...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there: I have a commercial recording of some music, which was issued as
> DVD-audio rather than CD-audio. There’s video material included, which I
> guess accounts for that. My question is this: I want to export the audio so
> that I can store it in iTunes, but I have no idea how to do so. (DVD Player
> is the app that launches automatically when I insert the disc.) Is there a
> reasonably simple way to do so?
>
> As always, my thanks in advance!

> group/imaclist
>
> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.