Hi,

I have an iMac (Flat Panel) from 2002 (aka The Lamp). Bought it some years
ago and replaced the hard disk with an SSD. It was working fine the last
time I used it. But I haven't been using it from quite some time. Last boot
up was 2-3 years ago.

When I try to boot it now, it just won't. I get a gray screen.

Pressing option gets me to the boot manager. There are no drives shown
there. Inserting a macOS installer disc changes nothing.

Reset PRAM, no luck. Can boot into open firmware. But booting from there
results also in the gray screen.

Then I thought it might be the drives or their connection. I removed them
from the iMac and connected then (with the iMac cable) to another computer
and they work fine there.

Anyone any idea why the iMac stopped recognizing any drive? Are there parts
in the the iMac that can go bad (no battery leakage) over the years and
need replacing?

Regards Juergen

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.