Hi there: Here’s the story: I have two external drives in addition to the
internal one on the Mini listed below. One of the externals contains everything
that used to be in iTunes (I haven’t bothered to rename to drive), because the
main HD is not roomy enough to hold it all. The other external drive is the
backup, partitioned to handle the main HD and the iTunes material separately.
Up to now I have been using Carbon Copy Cloner to make my weekly backups
because—well, I don’t remember why it appeared at the time that Time Machine
could not handle backing up everything since it’s split among two different
drives (one internal and one external), but that’s what I thought so there we
are.

With the new OS that Apple is issuing in the near future I would like to
revisit the backup strategy, please. Could someone please confirm whether or
not I can back up everything using Time Machine given the way it’s all
configured now? And is Time Machine the best tool for backing up, or should I
continue using CCC even though it may not be compatible with the new OS right
away?

All thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance, as always!