I wrote (June 6):
> Hi, I'm attempting to use PIL for the first time,
> and getting all kinds of type errors.  Latest version:
>
>    File "d1.py", line 50, in <module>
>      im.putdata(zz, 1.0, 0.0)  ## zz is a list of RGB tuples
>    File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/Image.py",
>
> line 1120, in putdata
>      self.im.putdata(data, scale, offset)
> SystemError: new style getargs format but argument is not a tuple

I eventually found all my bugs.  First of all, zz was a list of lists,
not tuples, *and* it wasn't fully populated (some entries were None).

For the result of my efforts, see http://www.ogre.nu/wp/?p=1984

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
"How'd ya like to climb this high *without* no mountain?" --Porky Pine