Hello. I have used pil for about 6 years with great success working
with both jpegs and tiffs. I currently am working on a project that I
need to take a jpeg that is 8bits and convert it to a 16color (not
16bit) gif file. I have trolled around forums, googled it, and read
the manual and cannot find a good way to do this. What I am looking
for is similar functionality as what is in Photoshops "indexed color"
function where I can specify how many colors I want the palate to be
and then it will calculate the palate. Any suggestions or help at all
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

--
- Nick