Has anyone installed PIL 1.1.6 on Cygwin?

I have tried to install it, but each time I do I see the first compile
command start to run and the process hangs. If I CTRL/C the setup.py and
restart it, it begins the next compile (implying that the previous one
succeeded), which again hangs. I see python.exe still running for each
install run I have interrupted, which I have to kill manually.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know a fix?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119