Hi All,

Does anyone have an implementation of the equalize algorithm for 16-
bit black-and-white images? The ImageOp.equalize() function does not
support I;16 (at least I've not made it work using PIL 1.1.6) and my
attempts to implement the algorithm have all failed when I try to to
put the equalized pixel data back to the image. The failures are all
sort of interesting: some fill only the left half of the image, some
ignore every other row. These failures make me think that this is
something to do with errors in mapping pixel to memory location for 8-
bit vs. 16-bit images. I've tried im.putdata(...), Image.frombuffer
(...), Image.fromstring(...), im.point(...), and pix = im.load(); pix
[i,j] = h[pix[i,j]] and all produce one of the behaviors I mention
above.

BTW, I've been able to confirm that my algorithm works by printing
the pixel data to a file and using a separate plotting program to
construct the image from the text data. So, I'm confident that its
just the last packing stage where my problem lies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Messier                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Physics            http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~messier
Indiana University                                 Phone: (812) 855-0236
Bloomington, IN 47405                                Fax: (812) 855-0440