Login from your own form:

<form name="frmLogin" method="POST"
action="http://mail.yourdomain.com:8383/login.cgi">
   <input type="hidden" name="page" value="login">
   <input type="text" name="userid" value="username">
   <input type="text" name="passwd" value="password">
   <input type="submit" value="Login">
</form>

Use ASP to login via a web app:

<form name="frmLogin" method="POST"
action="http://mail.yourdomain.com:8383/login.cgi">
   <input type="hidden" name="page" value="login">
   <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="<% =Session("UserName") %>">
   <input type="hidden" name="passwd" value="<% =Session("Password") %>">
   <input type="submit" value="Check Mail">
</form>


----- Original Message -----
From: Revi Schea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 1999 11:42 AM
Subject: [IMail Forum] atuo-login


> Hi,
>
> I'm just beginning to check out IMail, and I was wondering if auto-login
is
> possible.  I have a web-site where members would log in with their ID and
> password to the portal.  If they go to the mail services (IMail) from
there,
> I don't want them to have to re-enter their user ID and password again.
Is
> is possible to pass this information as parameters, such as:
> http://mail.myserver.com:8383/xxx?Username=yyy&password=zzz
>
> If it is not possible, does anyone have a suggestion about getting around
> logging in more than once ?  Thanks much.
>
> ______________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
> Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
> to be removed from this list.
>

Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html 
to be removed from this list.

Reply via email to