Based on the exploit code it may be that even an smtp-auth setting would
not fix this.

-Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Grant Griffith
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 2:53 PM
To: Imail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: RE: [IMail Forum] It is worth it to buy the SA?

It would be very nice to be able to set port 25 to be SMTP Auth-Only
also???  Can that currently be done?  I am running IMail 8.22 but have
all mail going thru a couple of other gateways before it hits the IMail
box if they follow the MX records.  Can I change port 25 to be Auth-Only
except from a couple of IP's?  Those ip's being the gateway servers...

Thanks,
Grant Griffith
Web Application Developer
Enhanced Telecommunications