Yes you have to install the extensions in iis, the latest version is out, I
have installed them. I have configured them for each site needed to. And
inside the extension I have configured the mail setting for that virtual
host, which is simply Mail.domainname.com, for both selections with
webmaster being the author in the middle.
The one time I got it to work I did this.
1. try to start the default smtp site in iis (didn't work)
2. shut down the Imail smtp service in services (worked)
3. started the default smtp site in iis (worked)
4. restarted the imail service in services(worked)
5. Tested form (worked)
6. Rebooted (worked :) )
7. the default smtp site was stopped, the form does not work. and I haven't
been able to replicate that one time it did.
8. To note the form works just fine with out the email option, it sends the
data to a txt file on the server just fine. even when the email error
happens the txt file gets the data.
What I think needs to happen and how to do are 2 different things.
I think we need to tell the front page mail setting in the extensions to
look at the imail smtp server, instead of the default smtp site, I thought
that was  what I did by putting the mail.domainname.com in the mail setting
in the extensions.
About the only thing I haven't yet tried is to delete the default smtp
site --that's next.
any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Pete