> I just ran a test where I sent a new email to my test list with a
 > doc attach.  It didn't get through.  So I sent myself an email
 > with the same doc attach, then forwarded it to my test list.  It
 > got through.  Very puzzling.  Any ideas?

I think I know what it may be.

In most cases, file attachments are sent in E-mails that also have a body
to them (IE, you see a message as well as an attachment).  When this
happens, the file type is listed within the body of the message.  Instead
of the body of the message being plain text, it's MIME encoded, and it is
broken into two parts: a text section, and an attachment section.  However,
both parts are within the body of the message.

When you send an E-mail with an attachment, but no actual message, the SMTP
headers can have a MIME header that says that the body is really just a
file attachment, and says what the file name is.  In that case, the name of
the file may not appear in the body of the E-mail.

If you have a rule looking for a file type, but only in the headers, it
would catch the attachment that has no message with it.  When you forward
that message, though, a message body would likely get attached to it (even
if it is blank).  Then, the file type wouldn't appear in the headers; it
would appear in the body.
                                                         -Scott

Declude: Anti-spam and Anti-virus solutions for IMail.  http://www.declude.com