On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Thomas Börkel wrote:
OK, I thought access to "/" was restricted by default.

It's not.  By default, imapd is just like ssh or ftp.

So, I will report to Palm, that they should not only search the #mh
namespace, right? They should search all or only the default namespace?

No.

They should search all personal namespaces, not just the last one in the personal namespace list. It's OK to search "#mh/", but not to the exclusion of "".

And provide them this answer from uw-imap:
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")("#mhinbox" NIL)("#mh/" "/")) (("~" "/")) (("#shared/" "/")("#ftp/" "/")("#news."

Right. There are three personal namespaces there: "", "#mhinbox", and "#mh/". A LIST of each of these on your system will show that only "" is useful. On other systems it may be a different story.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc