On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
Ah, thanks, this is indeed exactly what I needed and I've somehow failed
to find it it while looking for a solution. Unfortunately in practice it
doesn't help that much because IMAP servers without support for UIDPLUS
seem to be quite widespread and I'm not sure if it's really user-friendly
to tell the user "Message can't be undeleted because your server doesn't
implement UIDPLUS". So I'll still need a fallback approach.

How about writing a proper IMAP client that uses the delete-expunge model
instead?

The world already has plenty of crappy clients that use the unnatural
Trash mailbox kludge.  Trash is a user interface artifact, not something
that should be inflicted upon the back end.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc