On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Davide Alberani
<davide.alber...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Feb 28, Karl Newman <siliconfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just tried 4.5 and for the plot, it seems to be grabbing the user name
> that
> > wrote the plot instead of the plot text itself.
>
> Do you have an example?
>
> > it doesn't appear on the main page for
> > the title (have to follow a "More" link).
>
> Yes, two pages are fetched by default, for movies ('maindetails' and
> 'plotsummary')
>
> > Also, the tarball just released for 4.5 is missing ez_setup.py (and maybe
> > other files).
>
> That's very bad: I created it with './setup.py sdist'. :-/
> Anyway, 4.5 was for sure too rushed; 4.5.1 will be out as soon as
> these bugs are fixed.
>

> Thanks for your report.
> --
> Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com> [GPG KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
> http://www.mimante.net/

Sorry, my bug report was not as complete as it should have been. I should
have noted that I'm using the imdbpy.py script that comes with MythVideo
(MythTV plugin) version 0.21-fixes (svn r20563). I was using it to look up
episode information for the TV show "Airwolf" (for example, IMDb # 0507123),
but all the title IDs I tried had the same result--one line plot, with the
name of the plot contributor (and sometimes their email) as the contents.

I need to test it with an alternate client, but from what I could see in the
imdbpy.py script, it just dumps what it gets from IMDbPY without any
additional editing.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Karl Newman