Hello, I am having a really hard time to install imdbpy,

Python Version is 2.6.4
Method 1)
pip install IMDbPY
just gets prints Downloading/unpacking IMDbPY and it gets stuck (tested for
over one hour) using 100% cpu and doing nothing.

Method 2)
[code start]
root@ubuntu:~# easy_install IMDbPY
Searching for IMDbPY
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/IMDbPY/
Reading http://imdbpy.sf.net/
Reading http://imdbpy.sf.net/?page=download
Best match: IMDbPY 4.7
Downloading http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imdbpy/IMDbPY-4.7.tar.gz
Processing IMDbPY-4.7.tar.gz
Running IMDbPY-4.7/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-yh1e46/IMDbPY-4.7/egg-dist-tmp-b3srKA
Created locale for: tr en it.
warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found anywhere in
distribution
no previously-included directories found matching 'CVS'
no previously-included directories found matching '.svn'
no previously-included directories found matching '.hg'
warning: no previously-included files matching 'CVS' found anywhere in
distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '.svn' found anywhere in
distribution
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:54:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c: In function ‘strings_check’:
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:74: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strlen’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:74: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function ‘strlen’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:82: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strcmp’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c: In function ‘ratcliff’:
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:152: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function ‘strlen’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c: In function ‘strtolower’:
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:164: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function ‘strlen’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:164: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘tolower’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c: At top level:
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:169: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or
‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:207: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or
‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:254: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or
‘__attribute__’ before ‘cutils_methods’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c: In function ‘initcutils’:
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:266: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘Py_InitModule’
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:266: error: ‘cutils_methods’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:266: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c:266: error: for each function it appears in.)

  ERROR
  =====

  Aaargh!  An error!  An error!
  Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough.  It's all my fault!

  Anyway, if you were trying to build a package or install IMDbPY to your
  system, looks like we're unable to fetch or install some dependencies,
  or to compile the C module.

  The best solution is to resolve these dependencies (maybe you're
  not connected to Internet?) and/or install a C compiler.

  You may, however, go on without some optional pieces of IMDbPY;
  try re-running this script with the corresponding optional argument:

      --without-lxml        exclude lxml (speeds up 'http')
      --without-cutils      don't compile the C module (speeds up 'sql')
      --without-sqlobject   exclude SQLObject  (you need at least one of)
      --without-sqlalchemy  exclude SQLAlchemy (SQLObject or SQLAlchemy,)
                                               (if you want to access a )
                                               (local SQL database      )
      --without-sql         no access to SQL databases (implied if both
                            --without-sqlobject and --without-sqlalchemy
                            are used)

  Example:
      python ./setup.py --without-lxml --without-sql install

  The caught exception, is re-raise below:

error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
[code end]
My gcc version is  4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9)

Method 3)
python ./setup.py install (Fails with the same error)

Method 4)
The ubuntu package python-imdbpy installs successful but the problem is that I
don't have and I cannot find anywhere the script imdbpy2sql.py

I found this script in the tar.gz file, but shouldn't this file be copied
automatically to somewhere like /usr/local/bin ?

I have all the other prerequisites installed such as sqlobject, sqlalchemy and
python-mysqldb.