On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 01:04, Tiago Serra <tiagofse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed imdbpy and i want to use the imdbpy2sql.py to copy to
> mysql. I'm using ubuntu.

(slightly) depends on how you've installed it.

> I need to run this script from some folder right? WHere can i find the
> script?

If you've run 'python setup.py install' from the source package, that you
should have the imdbpy2sql.py script in some of your PATH directory.
Usually /usr/bin/ or /usr/local/bin/
Running imdbpy2sql.py from the command line (open a terminal) is
enough.  If it doesn't work, try to understand where it was installed
and call if with the full path.  As a last resource, you can search your
whole system:
  find / -type f -name imdbpy2sql.py

If you've installed a package for your distribution, it depends on where
the packager decided to put it.  Sometimes the executable is not installed,
but you can find it amongst the documentation.  Maybe somewhere like:
  /usr/share/doc/python-imdbpy/examples/imdby2sql.py

Use it from there or copy it in your favorite directory and remember that
usually the current directory is not included in the PATH, so if you're in
the same directory, you've to use: ./imdbpy2sql.py

Hope this helps.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/