Hi there,

After running into some issues compiling from source - bumping up against the --
mno-cygwin issue using the latest MinGW release! :( - I reverted back to using
Python 32 bit 2.7.2 environment, with the precompiled IMDbPy binary.

Using Pip, here's what I have:

c:\Python27\Scripts>pip freeze
Cython==0.15.1
FormEncode==1.2.4
IMDbPY==4.8.2
MySQL-python==1.2.3
SQLAlchemy==0.7.6
SQLObject==1.2.2
distribute==0.6.24
lxml==2.3.3
pymssql==2.0.0b1

This is under Windows 7. Each of the above was installed from a binary package.
Now with this setup, I can dump the entire IMDb to MySQL using:

python27 imdbpy2sql.py -d d:/install/imdb/subset/ -u
"mysql://root:mysql@localhost/imdb" --mysql-force-myisam

Which works great. However, now I'd like to get the same info into SQL Server
Express 2008 R2. I have created an imdb user/login for SQL Server.

Yet when I execute:

c:\Python27\Scripts>python27 imdbpy2sql.py -d d:/install/imdb/subset/ -u "mssql:
//imdb:imdb@localhost/imdb" --ms-sqlserver

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "imdbpy2sql.py", line 519, in <module>
    connectObject = conn.getConnection()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlobject\dbconnection.py", line 336, in g
etConnection
    conn = self.makeConnection()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlobject\mssql\mssqlconnection.py", line
94, in makeConnection
    con = self.dbconnection( *self.make_conn_str(self) )
  File "pymssql.pyx", line 552, in pymssql.connect (pymssql.c:7162)
pymssql.InterfaceError: Connection to the database failed for an unknown reason.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Damien.