On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:19 PM, C. Kevin Chen <dr.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears that I cannot read the .gz files with Python, but I can still see
> their contents by unzipping them. I was able to pip install mysql-python and
> SQL object, do I need to install anything else?

How do you call the imdbpy2sql.py script?
It seems you're missing the -d /directory/with/PlainTextDataFiles/ argument
(not sure which path separator you have to use on OS X, but I guess / is fine).

Hope this helps,

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/