On 02/28/2018 12:13 AM, Davide Alberani wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:05 AM, H. Turgut Uyar <u...@tekir.org> wrote:
>> So I decided to develop a parser generator that will read a
>> specification for a parser and generate the necessary code
>
> What kind of help you need, mostly?

Most importantly, I can't really decide if this is worth pursuing. I
feel like the approach has some potential but I can't be sure. The code
can be manually written after all. The spec format is more generic, so
it might be easier to refactor the parsers in the future but I don't
know how likely that is to happen.

And also, would we gain from transitioning to piculet based parsers?
Possible advantages could be:

- Making py2 support easier if we want that.
- Dropping the hard dependency on lxml, again, if we want that.
- Easier maintenance of the parsers (?).
- More involvement from developers for writing parsers (?).

So my main problem is that I'm undecided whether I should devote more
time to this or not. Any insight into that issue would be much appreciated.

--
Turgut