On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 9:59 PM Joshua Horsley <jhors...@my.westga.edu> wrote:

> I am a student research assistant and very new to python. I am wanting to use
> your database to put together a collection of data on movies released since
> 2000. Some of the data I am looking for includes genre, release date,
> revenue(US and World), when it was released to streaming services, and
> budget. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Joshua,
It's not so simple, since the data you need is not in a single place.

Maybe you can try a combined approach: use the dataset released on
https://datasets.imdbws.com/ and use
https://imdbpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage/s3.html
to collect a list of movies released since the year 2000.
With that, you can use IMDbPY to access the web site information and
gather the other data.
See the documentation to know how to download the various pieces of information.

Please beware that some parsers may be broken, so you better test it
on a single movie before to see if you can really collect anything you
need.
If something is broken or you have doubts, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x3845A3D4AC9B61AD]
http://www.mimante.net/