>I have smtpd_recipient_restrictions   check_recipient_maps working and
>dynamically updating this list/map for the domains that I host, but now
>I (am just getting around to.. ) would like to perform recipient address
>verification for the very few domains for which I relay mail, but don't
>control/host the email servers for. These domains are in above list as
>@domain.tld OK.

>So I would like to specify the short list of domains to
>invoke the verify server. It seems like if I turn this on toward the end
>of my smtpd_recipient_restrictions, that imgate will start a whole bunch
>of probes to my servers ? As usual I am probably very confused by the
>postfix manual. Please advise.

one way is to create a restriction class for these domains, and process
them separate for "main branch" of main.cf.

/etc/postfix/reject_unverified_recipient.class contains:

domain1.tld  reject_unverified_recipient.class
domain2.tld  reject_unverified_recipient.class
domain3.tld  reject_unverified_recipient.class
domain4.tld  reject_unverified_recipient.class

and then postmap it. it's a hash: file by default.

in main.cf:

#define the list of classes
smtpd_restriction_classes =
  reject_unverified_recipient.class

#define the restrictions to apply to this class
reject_unverified_recipient.class =
  reject_unverified_recipient,
  .
  .
  .
  permit

smtpd_recipient_restrcitions =
  .
.
.
.
  hash:/etc/postfix/reject_unverified_recipient.class,
  reject_unlisted_recipient,
.
.
.

=====================

the logic:

1) if the @recipient.domain matches the reject_unverified_recipient.class,
the msg gets branched into handling by "reject_unverified_recipient.class
=", and DOESN'T RETURN to the main branch.

So any restrictions that you want to apply to
reject_unverified_recipient.class that come afterwards in main branch have
to be also listed in the "reject_unverified_recipient.class =" branch.

2) if the @recipient.domain mismatches reject_unverified_recipient.class,
the msg continues in the main branch.

maybe there's a simpler way. I'm pooped. :)

Len