Thanks Kevin,

(sorry for the delay in response).=20

I did hear back from yahoo and they indicate it will try again but I am =
getting these 421 messages returned to our users from IMgate.

Not sure if it matters but, we moved to a new internal mail server (away =
from Imail and to MailTraq) but it's my postfix box that is attempting the =
delivery. However, I did not see  these messages when we were using Imail.

bob

On Monday, January 7, 2008 4:33 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
net> wrote:
>We have been seeing alot of these also. As well as a lot of problems=20
>with other carriers.
>
>It appears that the days of getting blacklisted, blocked or tarpitted
>based on user complaints are over. The big carriers now appear to be
>scanning all incoming mail and trying to determine if it is spam or ham
>and not wait for a complaint.
>
>We have been fighting this as any mail sent from your server to these
>carriers will count towards your rating - regardless of where it=20
>originated from.
>
>This means that if you forward mail, or accept and bounce back a message=20
>that happens to look like spam you develop a "bad" rating. At some=20
>undisclosed level you will find your server blocked or
>deferred.
>
>This is a wake up call to all us smaller providers that have been=20
>helping our clients forward their mail to their access providers email=20
>accounts.
>
>Hope this helps.
>-Kevin
>

>Bob McGregor wrote:
>> We recently are seeing alot of temporary deferrals from yahoo with the =
=3D
>> reply below
>>=20
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host e.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.1] refused =
to =3D
>> talk
>>     to me: 421 Message from (69.51.71.14) temporarily deferred - 4.16.=
50.
>>     Please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.=
html
>>=20
>> When I look at the link above, it does not bring up info on this =
deferral =3D
>> but a default page at yahoo. I have seen where yahoo is doing =
greylisting =3D
>> on recipts. Does this explain this message.
>>=20
>> We starting getting alot of these responses last week.
>>=20
>> Any help would be appreciated or explanation as to why so many recently.=
 I =3D