I agree that the forwarding problems cause more aggrevation than it worths.

I already charge our customers who want Spam Protection. My feeling is that
many
People already pay for this by buying software, paying annual maintenance
and they
Pay a consultant/employee to manage and maintain the rules base. We also
offer this
As an outsourced service to clients who have their own mailservers. We are
not
Particularly cheap but our clients get to talk to us, request whitelists and
We also offer intelligence as to why people get blocked.

To that extent we are planning to offered tiered mail services.

1.Basic - allows forwarding, allows no spam protection accounts, etc.
2.Premimum - this will include antispam, antivirus, and much tighter TOS -
including no forwarding without justification - customers will also know
that should we OK a forwarding that it may be revoked at any time for the
protection of the overall services. This will also be hosted on a separate
server.
3.Private - Your own hosted server and rule-base.

For MOST people there is absolutely not real reason to forward to another
account off of our server. The only exception that comes to mind is
"Blackberry" type forwarding.

-Kevin