Quoting Brett Charbeneau <br...@wrl.org>:

Michael Slusarz [slusarz <at> horde.org]: This is the correct way of disabling (except changes should be made in registry.local.php).

    I'm grateful for the response! And please excuse my ignorance of PHP...
    I've added

$_prefs['blacklist']['Locked'] = true;
$_prefs['whitelist']['Locked'] = true;

to registry.local.php, and it does seem to disable them for the user, but the preference would be to have this menu item not appear at all. I tried additionally adding the chunk of code below as well, but I keep getting syntax errors - is this the correct approach to remove the "Blacklist" and "Whitelist" links from all menus?

   'ingo' => array(
        'name' => _("Filters"),
        'provides' => array(
            'filter',
            'mail/applyFilters',
            'mail/canApplyFilters',
            'mail/showFilters'
        ),
        'menu_parent' => 'imp'
    ),

In registry.local.php, this will remove blacklist and whitelist and ensure that any additions to 'provides' in the future is automatically added without further admin intervention:

$this->applications['ingo']['provides'] = array_diff(
    $this->applications['ingo']['provides'],
    array(
        'mail/blacklistFrom',
        'mail/showBlacklist',
        'mail/whitelistFrom',
        'mail/showWhitelist'
    )
);

Unfortunately, the 'provides' parameter isn't as clean to work via registry.local.php since it only contains hash values and no defined hash keys, so the PHP needs to be a bit more advanced (this is a historical remnant since this is the way registry.php was before we switched to *.local.php files).

michael