Quoting azurIt <azu...@pobox.sk>:

i have some IMP 6.3 feature suggestions:

IMP 7.0 will be next.  We need to get the legacy basic view code
removed first since it is really hamstringing development in certain
areas.

 - improvements for remote accounts:
 - - Trash folder per remote account so removed messags are not
completely lost and are stored inside remote account
 - - Sent folder per remote account so sent messages are stored
inside remote account
 - - support for SMTP configuration per remote account so you can
also safely send e-mails from remote account

 - tabs

What do you think?

These are all items that I likely won't be working on unless someone
can provide funding.

Note that remote accounts was designed as a way to *access* messages
on a remote server.  It was not designed as a full-blown MUA for that
server.  This was intentional, since the latter would take significant
refactoring of IMP.  IMP is designed to use a single "master" IMAP
account - i.e. the account you originally logged into.

Otherwise, you need to start doing things like having separate
preferences for each remote account.  We don't currently support that
- and that is a significant change to the preferences design to support.

michael

So will you reveal what is planned in 7.0 (except removing basic view)?

7.0 *IS* removing basic (and minimal) view.  That's a gigantic change.

michael