On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:56:38 +0100, Frederik Ramm <[email protected]> wrote: > The reason for this is that multipolygon relations are something quit > special, with special code having to be used to piece together the outer > and inner rings and create proper polygons when evaluating the data. > Since I want borders to use the very same mechanisms (e.g. allow any > number of ways together forming the outer ring, allow enclaves/exclaves > etc.), I am advocating the use of type=multipolygon for these too. > > I fear that otherwise we'll have more and more relation types that want > to use the multipolygon logic without being tagged a multipolygon, and > that means that we'd have to change our software all the time. Instead, > I say: Whenever you want to use this logic wher eouter rings and inner > rings are pieced together from individual ways (or even sub-relations), > please tag type=multipolygon so any software dealing with it knows what > to do.
I completely agree with Frederik here. Marcus _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
