Hi,

Andy Allan wrote:
> Whilst my views on imports are probably well known by now, I'm trying
> to do my bit to help improve things!

Heh heh. German has a figure of speech, "den Bock zum Gärtner machen" 
(make the goat a gardener) which seems to apply here ;-)

> You can find the .pdf file here:
> http://www.thunderflames.org/gis/Import%20Guidance.pdf

When you talk about topology I'd add that *if* someone should import 
boundaries (nonwithstanding that you said they shouldn't), the same is 
true here - don't import lots of touching areas, instead import boundary 
lines and make them into proper multipolygons.

Also, you talk a lot about "OpenStreetMap ha a strict so-and-so rule" 
which I think gives a slightly wrong picture; I'd pepper this with a lot 
of "normally", "generally", "usually", etc. (because it is well possible 
that someone does something good that violates on or two of those strict 
rules).

Bye
Frederik

_______________________________________________
Imports mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports

Reply via email to