I will be beginning some work on conflation with ogr2osm for my addresses in Surrey later in the month when I have time and Surrey publishes updated data. I'll be writing it in the form of a translation file for ogr2osm. The code is looking to be fairly easy, I just have to sit down and work out algorithms.
> -----Original Message----- > From: Josh Doe [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:40 PM > To: OSM Imports List; josm-dev > Subject: [Imports] Designing a node conflation tool (syncing data) > > There's been a lot of talk about tools for merging/syncing/conflating > data with OSM, so I thought it would be useful for us to discuss > possible user interface designs for doing so. Because I'm somewhat > familiar with JOSM, and nodes should be the easiest case (though not > trivial), I've written up a short potential workflow for conflating > nodes in JOSM. If we can't handle nodes then we'll have no hope for the > much more challenging case of ways and relations! > > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conflation/Nodes > > I've never used a conflation tool before, so this might be an obvious > approach to some, or perhaps an awful way to do it, but regardless I > wanted to get it written down where others could improve upon it. > > I'd like to keep this focused on discussing the design of a user > interface and workflow, as well as the technical details. > > -Josh > > _______________________________________________ > Imports mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
