> From: Alex Barth [mailto:[email protected]] > Subject: Re: [Talk-us] MassGIS building conversion > > On Dec 9, 2012, at 3:51 PM, Jason Remillard <[email protected]> > wrote: > > But, in general, I don't think the MassGIS ID's should be included > since they are just the center of mass of the buildings, and there is no > indication that they will be preserving them as they update the data > set. > > This is interesting that the id (STRUCT_ID?) is to be dropped. If > MassGIS does not track an ID on buildings, how do they properly use this > data? Do they use an id that is not in the current data set? Generally > speaking preserving such an id would be useful IMO for enabling clear > references to outside datasets. E. g.
Any future work with the data after it's imported will have to handle buildings without IDs. I included IDs in two of my imports and have found them useless. I think that without a clear plan to use them (i.e. one with code) you shouldn't be including government department specific metadata like this. _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
