I would suggest adding addr:city but not addr:country.
Although theoretically addr:city can be inferred from the admin_level boundaries it is still useful to have. You will run into situations where the same address + street occurs in two nearby cities. Having addr:city makes editing easier in these case. I would also suggest addr:postcode if you have that information. Many city datasets don't as the postcode equivalent information is not provided by them generally. I believe that python addressmerge.py -h combined with the importing data section of the readme will tell you everything you need to know about the usage. Is there something that's not clear? From: Clifford Snow [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 2:18 PM To: Paul Norman Cc: imports Subject: Re: [Imports] addressmerge 0.1 release Paul, Thanks for the addressmerge. I have a question on running it. As you said the instructions were minimal. Can you give me a little more help with actual process. I do have imposm installed, but confused about what form the point file should be in and what the output file should be. Also, looking at the tables and script, there is addr:city, addr:postcode, and addr:country. Typically I don't see these populated. Our import was not planning on including those tags. Ideally, should those tags be added? Or is their physical location sufficient? Thanks, Clifford -- OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch
_______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
