Hi, The ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology worked great! I will upload new data tomorrow.
Thanks Jason. On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM, andrzej zaborowski <[email protected]>wrote: > Hi, > > On 14 December 2012 02:12, Jason Remillard <[email protected]> > wrote: > > In my town, there are 5427 buildings. 43,628 nodes, or 8 nodes per > > structure. I did a 0.25 meter simplify on the entire town, and the node > > count went down to 41,809. We are looking at an excess of 5%. 0.25 meter > may > > seem tight, but consider that source data was from 30cm and 15cm per > pixel, > > and I am sure the algorithms used do some kind of sub pixel > interpolation. > > Until I can figure out how to do the simplification from my scripts, > > .. > > As I understand some processing is done in PostGIS already. You could > add a ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology(the_geom, 0.25) at the end of the > process and it should have the same effect. > > Cheers >
_______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
