I need some general advice on type A vs type B CQs and releases, and how
projects can make use of these types.

I understand (from the project handbook) that the difference is that type A
is restricted to a license compatibility check while type B is a full due
diligence on the source code. If a project's release contains type
A-certified dependencies, that release should be advertised as a type-A
release.

Previously we have always done full type-B releases of our framework.
However, we're currently in the middle of prepping a new minor release of
our project and we've managed to skip/forget logging CQs for a number of
our (transitive) dependencies. To minimize the risk of missing the release
deadline, I wonder if I should log the remaining CQs as type A so they get
approved more quickly, and make it a type-A release as well. Apart from the
fact that it gives a less strong legal guarantee to our end users, are
there any downsides to this that I should be aware of?

Cheers,

Jeen