alan mcclellan wrote:
> One of the things I've been thinking about since I came on board is
> exactly how to partition the OpenSolaris user base.  To
> that end, I've come up with the following list. I'd appreciate any
> comments, clarifications, additions to this list.

> * Network administrator
> Responsible for maintaining multiple OpenSolaris servers used by
> multiple people. Responsibilities are more "enterprise" like, including
> auto-installations and updates, user management, security, storage,
> network communication, etc.

I guess I would fall under this category, although "systems
administrator" seems like a more common name for this role that network
administrator.

Documentaion that would really help me out in my work with opensolaris
would be a set of migration guides and docs for experienced Linux
sysadmins.  I'm constanly running into things that are different on
Opensolaris than on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and I have to hunt through
google and docs.sun.com for answers.  It would be great to have a manual
that covered a lot of the common topics that I could reference first.

Tom