Jasse Jansson wrote:

>> Could you explain what you change every time?
>> I'm wondering if it would work fine for you to simply log in
>> with any English locale such as en_US.UTF-8 and make it default
>> in the dialog pupped up when you change login locale.
>
> 1. I click on the "options" button
> 2. I click "select language"
> 3. I choose English USA/UK (tried both)
> 4. I click "change language"
> 5. I click "yes please, rid the world of the Swedish language and use
> this forever" ;-P
> 6. I'm logging in as usual, everything is is English
>
> It only last until I reboot, then I'm back to Swedish again.

While gdm displays Swedish again, if you log in as is, you will be
entered in gnome desktop env with English locale.
gdm serves for all users on a system. Thus, once the system is rebooted,
it will start with system default locale. As Javier said, to change gdm
screen permanently, need to change system default locale (/etc/default/init)
and then reboot.

Thanks,
Fuyuki