Matt Ingenthron wrote:
Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
I read somewhere that OS2009.06 would be a respin of b111 (111a?) and that the packages would hit the release repo around june.

Does this mean the dev repo is not upgraded along with the SXCE betas?
(now on b112).

I run //dev repo, but would like to have a BE that is the same as the official (yet to come) opensolaris-2009.06 release.

I've heard, from a pretty authoritative source, that /dev repo will be updated with the build 111a respin. If this is true, then you should be able to just update to it and then not do any updates until /release is updated with the same bits. The only problem is I suspect the timestamp may be different.... so your approach of keeping the old BE may be the safest approach.

So what is the best way to get onto and use the dev build that will eventually become 2009.06? I have a box updated to b111--do I just leave it alone until the release or can I keep using /dev and get patches that will make it b111a?

Thanks,
Tom